April 24, 2012
NESA Congratulates Ambassadors for Economic Development
The North Eastern Strategic Alliance (NESA), an economic development organization encompassing South Carolina’s northeast region, congratulates the individuals recognized as Ambassadors for Economic Development by the state.
« Back to List of News
The Ambassadors for Economic Development are private sector individuals who have made significant contributions to community and state development. They are recognized for their leadership in activities that promote economic growth in every county of South Carolina.
“We here in the NESA Region are blessed to have such fine individuals carrying a torch to promote economic development. Each of these Ambassadors deserves the recognition they were given and we congratulate them,” said Senator J. Yancey McGill, chair of NESA’s executive committee.
The Ambassadors were recognized on Tuesday at an awards ceremony held at the State House in Columbia.
“As we all know, economic development would not be possible without collaboration and a strong voice. These individuals certainly know and understand what it takes to cultivate and encourage growth,” said Jeff McKay, NESA’s executive director.
The 2012 Ambassadors for Economic Development from the NESA Region are:
· Chesterfield County – Sarah Decker, First Palmetto Savings Bank
· Darlington County – Gray Segars, Segars Development
· Dillon County – Tommy Stephens, Dillon Realty
· Florence County – W. Stuart Ames, Progress Energy
· Georgetown County – Rob Honeycutt, SafeRack, LLC
· Horry County – Fred Richardson, Grand Strand Water & Sewer Authority
· Marion County – Daniel Blue, Jr., The Blue Group, Inc.
· Marlboro County – Barry Avent, Pepsi-Cola Bottling Co. of Bennettsville
· Williamsburg County – Mark and H. Gordon Dancy, Waste Zero