The North Eastern Strategic Alliance (NESA) is a regional economic development organization that serves a nine-county region in the northeast corner of South Carolina.
NESA’s primary objective is to significantly enhance the quality of life for residents of the region by creating additional jobs and capital investment within the existing industry base, recruiting new companies and expanding tourism-related development.
Services to Clients
The NESA staff has the resources and expertise to assist companies interested in relocating or expanding in the region. Our customized service insures that you have access to all of the components needed to jump-start your business including:
- Regional site selection – NESA will work with representatives from each of its nine counties to identify the best buildings or sites based on your company’s needs. From there, extensive research and guided site tours allow you to make a fully educated decision before you commit.
- Regional Demographic and Socioeconomic Data - NESA has access to numerous databases and research resources that it will use to provide up-to-date information that will help your company make an informed decision about locating a facility in the region.
- Infrastructure – NESA will work CSX (railroad), the South Carolina Department of Transportation, water and sewer authorities, telecommunications companies, and energy companies to identify locations that have the infrastructure your company requires to be successful.
- Coordination with State and Local Permitting Entities and Utilities
- Facilitation of Community briefings, Custom tours, and Building or Site Tours
- Incentives – NESA will coordinate with its county allies and the South Carolina Department of Commerce to develop competitive incentives packages, making locating in the NESA Region one of the easiest and best business decisions you have ever made.
- Workforce – Through resources offered by the Southeastern Institute of Manufacturing and Technology (SiMT) and ReadySC, the NESA Region has the resources to provide you with a world-class workforce that will ensure your profitability and success in the region for years to come.
Services to County Allies
NESA’s core services to its county members include:
- Product Development – NESA supports its counties through product development assistance and initiatives.
- Research – NESA maintains up-to-date information that can be used for RFI’s and will also assist each county with preparing these documents for companies and consultants. In addition, NESA subscribes to a proprietary database of nearly 14 million companies worldwide and will use this database to assist county allies in their lead generation and research efforts.
- Marketing – NESA markets the region locally, domestically, and internationally and provides its services to each county economic development group for specific marketing projects.
- Business Development – NESA encourages its local economic developers to participate in its domestic and international business development missions. These missions are organized, planned, and executed by NESA.