What can the NESA Region offer your business?
The NESA Region of South Carolina has the tools that will make your business successful. Just a few of the many advantages of this region of South Carolina are:
Supportive Business Environment
- Competitive cost of operations - industrial electrical rates that are 16% lower (Department of Energy, 2011) than the national average
- Coordinated relocation assistance provided throughout the entire relocation or expansion process including permitting, training, incentives and more
- Lowest corporate income tax rate in the Southeast at 5%
- 4th lowest worker's compensation rate in the Southeast at 2.85%
- 2nd lowest unionization rate in the nation at 3.9%
Proven Corporate Success
- The NESA Region is home to manufacturing facilities for Sonoco (World Headquarters), DuPont, Metglas (Hitachi), General Electric, International Paper, Johnson Controls, Honda, Nan Ya Plastics, Conbraco, Nucor Steel, Perdue Farms, Wix Affinia, Beneteau and Mohawk
- The Region is also home to companies such as Monster, Sykes Enterprises, QVC, H.J. Heinz, Domtar, AVX, and Institution Food House (IFH)
Productive and Skilled Workforce
- Population base of over 700,000, an excellent labor draw of nearly 330,000 from nine counties in a right-to-work state.
- A productive workforce ranked within the top three in the United States and first in the Southeast
Unmatched Quality of Life
- Three major universities and four technical colleges in the region
- Experience the region's variety of art, culture and entertainment, including proximity to mountains, beaches, golf courses, museums, theme parks and restaurants which give the region an excellent quality of life.
- Median home price in the NESA Region is $116,715
- The NESA Region's cost of living is 6.1% lower than the national average
Ideal Positioning for Domestic and Global Trade
- Halfway between Miami and New York and within an 8-hour drive to over 50% of all major U.S. markets
- Access to I-95 North/South, I-20 East/West, and proposed I-73 North/South
- The port of Georgetown is located within the region and the ports of Charleston and Wilmington are within a 45 minute drive of most areas in the region