Call centers are one of the fastest growing segments in the telecommunications industry. While centers vary in size and mission, the North Eastern Strategic Alliance (NESA) Region has numerous buildings and sites that are fully-served by reliable electric and telecommunications companies, making the region the perfect place for a success business.
Why Locate a Call Center in the NESA Region?
A Workforce Ideal for Staffing a Call Center
- A population base of over 680,000 with an excellent labor draw of over 340,000 workers. (Population of 1,074,279 within 60 miles of the region's center.)
- More than 52,000 workers are currently employed in the hospitality industry with an in-depth understanding of customer service, up-selling, cross-selling and the need to retain customers making cross-training easy.
- Seven colleges and universities from which to recruit new employees.
- Average median per capita income of $25,162.
- One of the lowest unionization rates (4.1. percent) in the United States.
- ReadySC, a division of the South Carolina Technical College System, is a pre-employment training program provided at no cost to employers and is 100% customized to fit the needs of new and existing businesses.
- The Southeastern Institute of Manufacturing and Technology (SiMT) is the first facility of its kind in the U.S. and features an Advanced Manufacturing Center, a Virtual Reality Center, and a National Robotics Center. SiMT offers open-enrollment, on-site, and customized training as well as manufacturing start up assistance and consulting services.
Suitable Locations Available
- Numerous existing easily-adaptable buildings
- Reliable and low cost electricity (less than $0.05/kw) with back-up power generation available
A Proven Track Record
- Over 3,000 people employed by more than twenty call centers including Monster, Assurant, Blue Cross Blue Shield and Sykes in the NESA Region
To learn more about why the NESA Region is the prime location for your call center operation, please click here to download our Call Center Brochure.